If you love to bake, you’ve come to the right place! On this baking blog you’ll find a ton of recipes to enjoy but you’ll also find a lot of other things, like how-to tutorials and humorous quotes about cakes, cookies, and cupcakes.
On this page I’ve come up with 101 general (and often humorous) quotes about baking. Feel free to share these with your friends who love to bake!
Fun Baking Quotes!
1. Baking is cheaper than therapy.
2. A bad day spent baking is better than a good day doing anything else.
3. The more you know, the more you can create. There’s no end to imagination in the kitchen.” (Julia Child)
4. “With enough butter, anything is good.” (Julia Child)
5. Baking is my love language.
6. “You are the boss of that dough.” (Julia Child)
7. Life is short. Lick the bowl.
8. Nothing says home like the smell of baking.
9. All you need is love. . .and cupcakes.
10. I bake because punching people is frowned upon.
11. Bake the world a better place.
12. Baking is cheaper than therapy.
13. I like to party. And by party I mean stay at home and bake.
14. Where there’s a whisk, there’s a way.
15. Baking is love made visible.
16. Stop hating and start baking.
17. “You don’t have to love cooking to cook, but you have to do more than love baking to bake. You have to bake out of love.” (Tom Junod)
18. Stressed is desserts spelled backward.
19. “Baking cookies is comforting, and cookies are the sweetest little bit of comfort food. They are very bite-sized and personal.” – Sandra Lee
20. Life happens. Baking helps.
21. Sometimes you just need to bake.
22. “It’s all about a balancing act between time, temperature and ingredients: That’s the art of baking.” (Peter Rein-hart)
23. All you need is loaves.
24. “Most recently, I learned another hobby: baking. It’s so much fun to mix all the ingredients and to see the cake come out nice. It’s so rewarding when the cake comes out great and tastes great.” (Yani Tseng)
25. I bake because punching people is frowned upon.
26. Life’s better when you’re baking.
27. If in doubt, bake a cake.
28. Life’s better with sprinkles on top.
29. Wake up. Bake. Rinse. Repeat.
30. I bake because punching people is frowned upon.
31. Baking is love made edible.
32. When I’m happy, I bake. When I’m sad, I bake.
33. Bake it till you make it.
34. Baking because everything tastes as good as skinny feels.
35. You bake me happy when skies are grey.
36. I like big bundts and I cannot lie.
37. Bake me up before you dough.
38. If there’s a whisk, there’s a way.
39. Good things come to those who bake.
40. I bake. What’s your superpower?
41. Keep calm and bake on.
42. Bakers gonna bake.
43. The secret ingredient is always love.
44. Just roll with it.
45. Procrastibaking: the art of baking when you should be doing anything else.
46. It’s whisky business up in here.
47. Baking is my super power and my apron is my cape.
48. Friends are nice, but friends who bake are way better.I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t like to bake.
49. You are a beautiful cupcake in a world full of muffins.
50. As long as you know how to bake, life is sure to be sweet.
51. Life’s better when you’re baking.
52. They see me rollin’ and I’m bakin’
53. The best things in life are sweet.
54. “Dad was a baker, and we lived above the bakery, so I was always popping down to have an apple pie or a doughnut or a custard or gypsy tart: I had a very sweet tooth, and I think that that was what got me into doing what I do now.” (Paul Hollywood)
55. This was why she enjoyed baking. A good dessert could make her feel like she’d created joy at the tips of her fingers. Suddenly, the people around the table were no longer strangers. They were friends and confidantes, and she was sharing with them her magic.
56. Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
57. “Baking makes me focus….On weighing the sugar….On sieving the flour. I find it calming and rewarding because, in fairness, it is sort of magic – you start off with all this disparate stuff, such as butter and eggs, and what you end up with is so totally different. And also delicious.” (Marian Keyes)
58. Never underestimate a woman who loves baking.
59. Baking is how you start lis at cooking in the kitchen. It’s fun whether it’s baking bread or cookies. With baking, you have to be exact when it comes to ingredients. (Sandra Lee)
60. Baking happens with ingredients that last for months and come to life inside a warm oven. Baking is slow and leisurely. (Regina Brett)
61. A baker’s wand is her whisk.
62. I want to have a good body but not as much as I want dessert.
63. “I prefer cooking to baking. Baking, to me, is very precise, and it’s about perfection.” (Ree Drummond)
64. Baking is one of the oldest professions.
65. Baking is about multi-tasking. If you are organized and prepared, that’s half the battle.” (Johnny Iuzzini)
66. Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.
67. “There are so many forms of love. Spending time with friends, love stories. I enjoy showing my love by baking a cake for somebody and writing his or her name on it, and seeing his or her reaction. I love to offer flowers too!” (Pom Klementieff)
68. “If you don’t have the confidence in baking, commit to making the recipe three times. The first two, do it exactly the way I’ve told you to make it. Twice. The first time you’ll screw it up. The second time it will come out pretty good, and then the third time, make your adjustments.” (Tom Douglas)
69. Baking cookies is comforting, and cookies are the sweetest little bit of comfort food. They are very bite-sized and personal. (Sandra Lee)
70. “I believe with baking there is a certain nostalgic fix.” (James William Middleton)
71. I don’t care what the problem is. Baking is the solution.
72. Baking is Life. Do you see? It’s not just recipes.
73. Bakers make the world smell better.
74. “Baking is more like chemistry, following certain instructions and knowing what comes out in the end. It’s almost reassuring!” (Alice Merton)
75. “Unlike writing a book, which can take several years, baking is instant gratification.” (Jenna Blum)
76. “Baking happens with ingredients that last for months and come to life inside a warm oven. Baking is slow and leisurely.” (Regina Brett)
77. Having a mental bake-down.
78. Cooking and baking are pleasures and I want everyone to be able to experience and share them. (Doxie Greenspan)
79. Baking is too precise for me. I cook with a pinch of this or that.
80. “I love baking, it’s the most calming thing for me. It’s therapeutic, it makes the house smell good, and I get to take the goods to my friends. I do it for other people.” (Lily Collins)
81. Keep calm and bake on.
82. A basic rule of baking is that, in general, it’s almost impossible to make an inedible batch of brownies. (Linda Sunshine)
83. Everything I dough, I dough it for you.
84. “Flour and butter, cream and sugar, words and images, all the ingredients for a rich, tasty story.” (Rona Simmons)
85. You bake me happy when skies are grey.
86. “It’s all about a balancing act between time, temperature and ingredients: That’s the art of baking.” (Peter Reinhart)
87. I’m a whisk taker!
88. “My father was a lesson. He had his own bakery, and it was closed one day a week, but he would go anyway. He did it because he really loved his bakery. It wasn’t a job.” (Christopher Walken)
89. True love is baking for someone else when you’re on a diet.
90. Annoying the baker will result in small portions.
91. Life is what you bake it.
92. Be a cupcake in a world full of muffins.
93. Baking is how you start kids at cooking in the kitchen. It’s fun whether it’s baking bread or cookies. With baking, you have to be exact when it comes to ingredients.” (Sandra Lee)
94. Today I will live in the moment. Unless it’s unpleasant, in which case I will bake.
95. Sometimes we all bake mistakes.
96. I believe in the power of baked goods.
97. “Baking may be regarded as a science, but it’s the chemistry between the ingredients and the cook that gives desserts life. Baking is done out of love, to share with family, to see them smile.” (Anna Olson)
98. Blessed are those who bake.
99. It’s much harder to be sad while baking.
100. “Many happy childhood memories begin in the kitchen, baking and decorating birthday cakes. It’s one of the sweetest parts of childhood.” (Deanna F. Cook)
101. An apron is just a cape on backwards.
That’s it for now. I hope you enjoyed these fun baking quotes, sure to inspire you to bake! Thanks for stopping by, friends!
About the Author
Janice Thompson is an author, baker, and all-around mischief maker! She has overcome a host of baking catastrophes, including a toppled wedding cake, to learn more about the baking process. Janice has published over 150 books for the Christian market but particularly enjoys writing recipes and baking devotions. To learn more about Janice or to drop her a note, visit her About the Author page.